BARPCV Career Networking Support
The BARPCV Careers Committee leverages the greater Boston RPCV community to support former and current volunteers seeking resources and events that promote career counseling, networking, and informational interview opportunities for personal growth and fulfilling employment. Please join the BARPCV professional networking community on LinkedIn.
Career Resources and Job Postings
- Peace Corps RPCV Career Link
- Peace Corps Response
- National Peace Corps Association's job center
Career/Employment Counseling and Workshops
- The Boston-based New England Regional Recruiting Office – Features an RPCV Desk with job listings, resource books, newsletters, etc. Address: Tip O'Neil Building 10 Causeway Street Boston, MA. Phone: (617) 565-5555
- The Washington, DC-based Office of Returned Volunteer Services (RVS) – Provides career, educational and re-entry-related assistance and information to more than 3,500 Peace Corps Volunteers returning to the U.S. each year. RVS strongly encourages a self-directed job search approach by providing numerous materials, nationwide services and programs, and carefully-planned workshops. RVS focuses on educating RPCVs on how to manage career and life transitions.Click here for more information.
The following Boston-based RPCVs have volunteered to assist RPCVs with informational interviews. If you are interested in meeting with any of these people or would like to share information about your own occupation with other RPCVs, please contact the BARPCV Careers Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kevin Daley (Samoa 1986-89) is a lawyer who runs his own Boston-based firm – Kevin V. Daley & Affiliates.
- Julia de la Torre (Moldova 2003-05) is Program Director at Primary Source, a nonprofit that encourages the teaching of global issues in the American classroom.
- David Kircheis (Tanzania 1992-94) is a software engineer and Product Manager at Pegasystems Inc.
- Mark Largess (Kazakhstan 2004-06 ) is a Sr. Accountant at EF Education First, which provides both students and professionals with language education and cultural exchange opportunities.
- Robert O'Connell (India 1966-68) works in the field of education.
- Alex Minier (Turkmenistan 2003-05) is an Underwriting Analyst at Chartis Insurance.