Community Bulletin Board
If you would like to post anything to the community bulletin board, please fill out this form www.barpcv.org/ebulletin. You will receive an email when the opportunity has been posted.
INDEX (Job index below)
Apartment to sublet for summer (May 17-August 31) with option to join lease
New England Wild Flower Society opening
Looking for volunteers for a UMass and/or Suffolk Career Fair
Host a PCV and doctor from the National Malaria Control Program of Senegal
Peace Corps Volunteer Opportunity to speak as a panelist
- Make a difference for lonely seniors. Volunteer today!
- Mentorship opportunities through Global Potential
For details on BNID postings please visit http://bnid.org/jobs
- Cambridge Health Alliance
- Summer Teaching Opportunity - Impact Boston at Brandeis University
- GlobeMed is seeking its next Executive Director
I am subletting my room in a 4-bedroom apartment in Allston (intersection of Royal and Hooker St.) for the summer. Move in date is flexible, between May 17 and June 1; rent is $612.50/month, and there is the option to join the 1-year lease for Sep 1, 2015-Aug 31, 2016. Contact me for more info! Margaret (Peggy) Mayo: email@example.com
Posted on April 11
New England Wild Flower Society
Opening April 2015, visit New England Wild Flower Society at Garden in the Woods, 180 Hemenway Road, Framingham, MA
Website URL: newenglandwild.org
Contact for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on March 15
Cambridge Health Alliance
- 4 Open care partner roles who would be doing a lot of health education for folks with mental health issues.
- Job description is attached
- Send resume & cover letter with subject title “Mental Health Care Partner position” to Christine Claypoole (Program Manager, Behavioral Health Integration) at email@example.com
Peace Corps Opportunity in NYC
- The Regional Office Manager (NERO) position has been posted internally and externally and will remain open until March 9. Access via this link
- Apply by March 9th
Posted on 3/01/2015
Working with Brandeis High School Programs is an empowering growth experience which emphasizes collaboration, innovation and professional development for all of our staff. And its a lot of fun too!
Bachelor's Degree required and community service experience preferred. For more information please visit our Employment Opportunities page and filling out our employment inquiry form.
Posted on 3/01/2015
UMass and Suffolk Career Fairs
On Wednesday, March 4, the University of Massachusetts Boston and Suffolk University are holding their career fairs. UMass Boston is from 1-4, and Suffolk is from 4-6. I am in need of one or two RPCVs to cover one of the two fairs, and Kat Deutsch (PC recruiter) will cover the other.
The University of Massachusetts Boston is located in Dorchester, off of the JFK/UMass stop on the Red Line. There is also parking available on campus. Suffolk is located right downtown on Tremont Street, close to the Park Street stop on the Red Line. There is no parking available.
If anyone is interested and able in helping with either fair, please email Kat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: Feb. 18, 2015
Host a PCV and doctor from the National Malaria Control Program of Senegall
Hey BARPCV! My name is Janelle Kibler and I am a current Health Extension PCV in Senegal. This year I'm teaming up with a doctor from Senegal's National Malaria program (PNLP) to complete the Global Health Delivery Intensive at Harvard during the month of July. This will be completed as part of my 3rd year extension to coordinate a national malaria program, called Integrated PECADOM Plus. Since Peace Corps and other sponsors will be funding this opportunity we are trying to save as much money as possible. The room and board for Harvard is quite expensive for this program and so I wanted to reach out to local RPCVs to see if anyone is able to provide room and board for a month while we are completing this program. Please spread the word and have anyone interested contact me as soon as possible! Thank you!
Contact for this opportunity: Kiblerjl@gmail.com
Posted: Feb 7, 2015
- Mentorship opportunities through Global PotentialAre you an undergraduate or graduate student seeking meaningful experiences to connect with youth around your College? Now is the time to apply! >Full-time Children’s HealthWatch Position – Senior Policy Analyst >Position Overview The Senior Policy Analyst is a key member of the Children’s HealthWatch team -working closely with the Research and Policy Director in her role leading activity on all organizational research projects and dissemination. The Senior Policy Analyst develops pertinent background research and helps to communicate Children’s HealthWatch research to our core audiences in the research and policy worlds, contributing to a greater understanding of conditions, issues and trends impacting a wide range of anti-poverty, health and socioeconomic programs and issues. Research Support: The Senior Policy Analyst provides key support in the academic and public policy research of Children’s HealthWatch. Tasks include conducting database and literature searches for data to be used in reports, briefs, and papers, drafting and editing policy briefs/reports and communication materials tailored towards anti-poverty organizations and legislative staff. S/he edits and contributes to manuscripts developed by principal investigators and senior staff. S/he also responds to inquiries about research and increases public awareness of studies. S/he may also assist with administrative duties related to programs/projects.Dissemination, Policy and Advocacy: The Senior Policy Analyst will stay abreast of policy issues relevant to Children’s HealthWatch work, attend meetings with local and national advocacy groups and policy makers/legislative staff in order to educate others about our research and implications for policy. S/he will also make connections with partner organizations and report back on their work. The Senior Policy Analyst will assist in scheduling visits and maintaining relationships with policy makers and their staff. S/he will also assist in management of related contact databases.