Community Bulletin Board
If you would like to post anything to the community bulletin board, please fill out this form www.barpcv.org/ebulletin. You will receive an email when the opportunity has been posted.
INDEX (Job index below)
Looking for volunteers for a UMass and/or Suffolk Career Fair
Host a PCV and doctor from the National Malaria Control Program of Senegal
Volunteer at the Around the World Fair at Boston University for Peace Corps Week
Volunteer opportunity at Lasell CollegeLearn about Suffolk University's new Coverdel Fellows Programs
- Peace Corps Volunteer Opportunity to speak as a panelist
- Make a difference for lonely seniors. Volunteer today!
- Mentorship opportunities through Global Potential
For details on BNID postings please visit http://bnid.org/jobs
- GlobeMed is seeking its next Executive Director
On Wednesday, March 4, the University of Massachusetts Boston and Suffolk University are holding their career fairs. UMass Boston is from 1-4, and Suffolk is from 4-6. I am in need of one or two RPCVs to cover one of the two fairs, and Kat Deutsch (PC recruiter) will cover the other.
The University of Massachusetts Boston is located in Dorchester, off of the JFK/UMass stop on the Red Line. There is also parking available on campus. Suffolk is located right downtown on Tremont Street, close to the Park Street stop on the Red Line. There is no parking available.
If anyone is interested and able in helping with either fair, please email Kat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: Feb. 18, 2015
Host a PCV and doctor from the National Malaria Control Program of Senegall
Hey BARPCV! My name is Janelle Kibler and I am a current Health Extension PCV in Senegal. This year I'm teaming up with a doctor from Senegal's National Malaria program (PNLP) to complete the Global Health Delivery Intensive at Harvard during the month of July. This will be completed as part of my 3rd year extension to coordinate a national malaria program, called Integrated PECADOM Plus. Since Peace Corps and other sponsors will be funding this opportunity we are trying to save as much money as possible. The room and board for Harvard is quite expensive for this program and so I wanted to reach out to local RPCVs to see if anyone is able to provide room and board for a month while we are completing this program. Please spread the word and have anyone interested contact me as soon as possible! Thank you!
Contact for this opportunity: Kiblerjl@gmail.com
Posted: Feb 7, 2015
· About Peace Corps Week: Each year, Peace Corps Week commemorates the anniversary of Kennedy’s establishment of the Peace Corps on March 1, 1961. Peace Corps Week, held this year from March 1-7, 2015, is a global celebration of how Peace Corps makes a difference at home and abroad.
The Peace Corps community is invited to bring the world home for Peace Corps Week 2015 with “Around the World with Peace Corps” festivals. Peace Corps festivals are an exciting opportunity to connect with the American public and offer a front row seat to some of the world's most remote places as well as firsthand perspectives not otherwise easily accessible.
● Ideas for interactive activities at tables: Teach students how to wrap a sarong, teach a few words of the language, have students find the country on the map, play a game, use a cooking device etc.
This event should be a really fun time, but we need your help to make it successful! Please email Amber Patterson-Strom at email@example.com if you are available to help out with the Around the World Fair.
Learn about Suffolk University's new Fellows programs for Master of Science in Crime & Justice Studies, Master of Science in Ethics & Public Policy, Master of Science in Mental Health Counseling, Political Science (MS), Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA), Master of Public Administration (MPA) from Director of Graduate Admissions at Suffolk University.
Website URL: http://www.peacecorps.gov/volunteer/learn/meet/events/15926/
Contact for this opportunity : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mentorship opportunities through Global PotentialAre you an undergraduate or graduate student seeking meaningful experiences to connect with youth around your College? Now is the time to apply! >Full-time Children’s HealthWatch Position – Senior Policy Analyst >Position Overview The Senior Policy Analyst is a key member of the Children’s HealthWatch team -working closely with the Research and Policy Director in her role leading activity on all organizational research projects and dissemination. The Senior Policy Analyst develops pertinent background research and helps to communicate Children’s HealthWatch research to our core audiences in the research and policy worlds, contributing to a greater understanding of conditions, issues and trends impacting a wide range of anti-poverty, health and socioeconomic programs and issues. Research Support: The Senior Policy Analyst provides key support in the academic and public policy research of Children’s HealthWatch. Tasks include conducting database and literature searches for data to be used in reports, briefs, and papers, drafting and editing policy briefs/reports and communication materials tailored towards anti-poverty organizations and legislative staff. S/he edits and contributes to manuscripts developed by principal investigators and senior staff. S/he also responds to inquiries about research and increases public awareness of studies. S/he may also assist with administrative duties related to programs/projects.Dissemination, Policy and Advocacy: The Senior Policy Analyst will stay abreast of policy issues relevant to Children’s HealthWatch work, attend meetings with local and national advocacy groups and policy makers/legislative staff in order to educate others about our research and implications for policy. S/he will also make connections with partner organizations and report back on their work. The Senior Policy Analyst will assist in scheduling visits and maintaining relationships with policy makers and their staff. S/he will also assist in management of related contact databases.