Boston Area Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (BARPCV) is an independent non-profit organization. As part of our mission of supporting Returned Peace Corps Volunteers, we fund community grants twice annually, in the spring and fall. We strive to increase participation in our communities, and to address needs and opportunities consistent with our members’ values.
Donate now to help support these grants!
See a list of Former Award Recipients.
Grants are one time for up to 500 USD.
Small grants are available to all members of BARPCV.
Active board members may apply with a co-sponsor and are not allowed to vote during the cycle in which they apply.
BARPCV does not fund:
- Academic research
- Individual scholarships
- Sponsorships or advertising
- International travel for applicant
Individuals wishing to be considered for a grant should submit a written proposal that includes all of the following information:
- Objectives of the project
- Plan of action and time frame
- Qualifications of project stakeholders
- Budget (please include detailed budget in table format)
- How the project's success will be determined/measured
- Any affiliation the applicant has with BARPCV or any of its affiliates
- Any potential conflicts of interest applicant may have if grant is approved
- Other donors or project contributors (if applicable)
Proposals should be approximately 2-3 pages in length.
October 15 and April 15. Email proposals are accepted and preferred. Proposals and requests for information should be directed to email@example.com.
The full BARPCV board will review proposals each spring and fall to select which projects to fund. Applicants will be notified via e-mail about their proposal one week prior to Welcome Back/ Send Off events. Ideally, grant recipients would be present at the WBSO events to accept the award. Note: At the Board's discretion, time-sensitive proposals may be reviewed at any monthly BARPCV meeting.
Award recipients are expected to send a one-page final report at the completion of the project. The report should detail accomplishments and any challenges that might have affected the project. Photos are highly encouraged. Awardees agree to acknowledge BARPCV as a sponsor of their project. The Boston Area Returned Peace Corps Volunteers are proud to promote the good works of our membership.